Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Driver and Pole Erector
‘Engineering excellence through proficiency.’
Reach Active provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
Reach Active provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
Through dedication, collaboration, innovation and honest evaluation Reach Active will continue on its path of sustainable progression for the benefit of its staff, clients and the communities in which it operates.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all Reach Active does
Reach Active continuously evaluate performance against our STRIVE values.
Main purpose of role:
Maintain and construct overhead lines, including the poles, lines and transformers associated with low voltage, 11kv, 33kv and 132kv systems.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To drive the pole lorry to supply poles to site
- Assist in erecting of new overhead line poles on working sites
- To replace and remove old overhead line poles from working sites
- To maintain and provide stock control of company pole dumps
- To assist in all site based operations as instructed by line manager
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- HGV license
- Hiab training
- Any related industry experience with pole erecting (distribution, telecoms, lighting) etc
- Ideally looking for someone with linesman experience or someone that has worked for UKPN before as a pole erector officer.
- Previous UKPN authorisations – desirable
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Full UK HGV drivers licence
HOW TO APPLY