Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
ReachActive continuously evaluate performance against our STRIVE values.
- Every employee has a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Every employee has a duty to co-operate with their employer in assisting that employer to comply with any relevant statutory provisions
- Every employee must actively promote a safety culture by setting an example to others and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Every employee has a duty to bring to the notice of others their acts or omissions which impinge on health and safety
Every employee has a duty to:
- Comply with all legislation applicable to their employment and to the rules, regulations, standards and procedures of their employer
- Only carry out tasks for which they have been trained and, where necessary, tested and certificated
- Report accidents, incidents (near-misses) and hazards as they occur
We are currently recruiting for a HSEQ Advisor to be based in Mullingar and Dublin. The successful candidate will have strong safety, quality and environmental knowledge (SQE) as well as knowledge on various standards, procedures and legislation in order to support the team(s) effectively.
The successful candidate will:
- Undertake site audits in accordance with the integrated audit plan
- Provide the HSQE manager with first-hand information regarding the performance of site based work teams and subcontractors
- Take decisive action in conjunction with the project managers and supervisors in the event of any unsafe actions, or conditions
- Play a leading role in the promotion and development of a positive project HSQE culture and ensure that, best practice ‘so far as is reasonably practicable, is always identified and promoted.
- Provide day to day advice and support to project site management, supervisors and contractors on HSQE issues associated with the Reach Active Group (Group) projects
- Provide the HSQE Manager with first-hand information regarding the HSQE performance of project teams and subcontractors and take decisive action in conjunction with project site management in the event of any unsafe actions or conditions
- Review, revise and update existing safety, quality and environmental management systems
- Assist the HSQE Manager in maintaining ISO 18001 14001 and 9001 along with other scheme specific accreditations
- Monitor and update as required Group Legal Registers for Ireland to ensure on-going compliance
- Prepare and submit work permit applications
- Maintain own awareness and proficiencies to the highest, and most current standards
- Assist as necessary on all PQQ and tender submissions
- Gather accurate HSQE performance data from project staff and subcontractors and produce monthly (including and assessment against KPI) reports
- Provide first line support in the investigation of safety – environmental accidents /incidents and any utility strike
- Undertake HSQE site inspections and audits in accordance with project audit plans
- Issue NCR’s/ CAR’s where appropriate and track remedial actions
- Liaise regularly with subcontractor HSQE personnel on Reach Active Group work sites
- Be the focal point for Group safety training and conduct any site safety briefings as required and promote the development of a positive HSQE culture
- Develop and maintain a regime of workplace assessments including office DSE assessments for all Group staff
- Undertake and implement HSQE initiatives on sites as required
- Be the emergency contact and co-ordinator for deployment of Emergency Preparedness Plans
- Represent the Group as required at any client led HSQE Forums
- Develop good working relationships with the Health & Safety Executive, HSE/HSA, clients and Local Authorities and other enforcing agencies
NB: It should also be noted that the above list of prime responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only. These general roles and responsibilities are current at the date shown below.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Degree (or equivalent) qualified
- Fully Chartered
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- At least 4 year’s experience in the application of principles & processes of safety management including risk assessment
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to produce HSQE management systems
HOW TO APPLY