Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Business Development Manager (Building Services) – Ireland
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
Through dedication, collaboration, innovation and honest evaluation ReachActive will continue on its path of sustainable progression for the benefit of its staff, clients and the communities in which it operates.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
We are currently recruiting a Business Development Manager with proven experience in the Construction sector and who has a demonstrable track record winning contracts, whilst developing existing clients and contracts.
You will develop and grow our business, by attracting new customers and promoting our services, using your sales and communication skills, coupled with good interpersonal skills
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Leading efforts to establish and retain business growth opportunities. Primarily obtaining new clients and fostering business relationships to increase revenue from sales.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
New Business Development
- Develop strategic approaches.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
Existing Client Retention
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Management and Research
- Submit regular progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (prequalification etc.) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Attendance and representation of the company at networking events and meetings.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goals and purpose to enhance and ensure continuous performance improvements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience in a BDM role for a similarly sized organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent influencing, persuasion, negotiation and closing skills.
- Experience of compiling and presenting company information to new and existing clients.
- Experience of bid-writing/tendering.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office.
- Full Clean driving licence.
- Experience in the Integrated Systems/Security market sectors.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via email@example.com. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).