Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join our Commercial Team in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of all estimates and tender submissions. This will include providing a cost estimate for work projects as part of the bidding process on large projects along with the development of cost estimates by analysing specialist contractors, plant, materials and labour needed to complete projects.
The ideal candidate will have previous estimating experience within the Power or Multi-Utility Industries. However, experience across Utility Related Civil Engineering and Construction projects is also fine.
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
- Every employee has a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Every employee has a duty to co-operate with their employer in assisting that employer to comply with any relevant statutory provisions
- Every employee must actively promote a safety culture by setting an example to others and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Every employee has a duty to bring to the notice of others their acts or omissions which impinge on health and safety
Every employee has a duty to:
- Comply with all legislation applicable to their employment and to the rules, regulations, standards and procedures of their employer
- Only carry out tasks for which they have been trained and, where necessary, tested and certificated
- Report accidents, incidents (near-misses) and hazards as they occur
Every employee has a duty to inform the company Safety Manager of any hazards or risks identified which may arise out of project design or construction activities, for inclusion within the risk log.
As a minimum, every employee will receive training in Fire http://www.mindanews.com/buy-valtrex/ Precautions, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations 1986) and, where required by their post, Personal Track Safety and the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
A library of Key Safety Publications will be maintained and will be made available to every employee for reference.
- Liaison with the client and their professional representatives.
- Management and issue of appropriate enquiries for specialist subcontract/material supplies.
- Preparation of analytical estimates for work utilising an appropriate software estimating package.
- Measurement for the production of Bills of Quantities for plan and specification/design build disciplines.
- Provision of costs for contract preliminary items.
- Preparation of detailed information for hand-over to construction phase teams for successful tenders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong communicator, (written and verbal), together with high level negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, multi-tasking, together with the capacity to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management of work flow in order to meet tender deadlines.
- Capacity to delegate, when necessary, to achieve productivity and efficiency outcomes is essential.
- Ability to resource tenders in conjunction with the Planning Team.
- Ability to work with the Planning and Operations Teams to prepare all tender deliverables and compile for submission.
- Working knowledge of Commercial Contracts and knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Customer Service
- Team Work
- Organisation and Planning
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- A professional qualification in Civil Engineering or similar / related engineering subject.
- At least 2-3 years experience as an Estimator or Assistant Estimator level position.
- At least 2 years experience within the Electrical or Multi-Utility Industry is desired.
- Commercial Awareness.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.