Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join our Commercial Team in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of all estimates and tender submissions. This will include providing a cost estimate for work projects as part of the bidding process on large projects along with the development of cost estimates by analysing specialist contractors, plant, materials and labour needed to complete projects.
The ideal candidate will have previous estimating experience within the Power or Multi-Utility Industries. However, experience across Utility Related Civil Engineering and Construction projects is also fine.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Liaison with the client and their professional representatives.
- Management and issue of appropriate enquiries for specialist subcontract/material supplies.
- Preparation of analytical estimates for work utilising an appropriate software estimating package.
- Measurement for the production of Bills of Quantities for plan and specification/design build disciplines.
- Provision of costs for contract preliminary items.
- Preparation of detailed information for hand-over to construction phase teams for successful tenders.
- Experience within Multi-Utility Industry including underground services installations.
- Strong communicator, (written and verbal), together with high level negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, multi-tasking, together with the capacity to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management of work flow in order to meet tender deadlines.
- Capacity to delegate, when necessary, to achieve productivity and efficiency outcomes is essential.
- Ability to resource tenders in conjunction with the Planning Team.
- Ability to work with the Planning and Operations Teams to prepare all tender deliverables and compile for submission.
- Working knowledge of Commercial Contracts and knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Customer Service
- Team Work
- Organisation and Planning
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- A professional qualification in Civil Engineering or similar / related engineering subject.
- Worked, and have experience, as an Estimator or Assistant Estimator level position.
- Commercial Awareness.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).