Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Human Resources Administrator
Provide support to the HR team ensuring excellence around general HR administration, which will include supporting the UK and Ireland employees within a fast-paced working environment. The focus will be around recruitment, handling multiple vacancies and supporting the wider business through recruitment processes and onboarding.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provide administrative support for the end-to-end recruitment processes, including initial discussions with candidates
- To co-ordinate recruitment documentation, create job adverts, assist with shortlisting of candidates, arrange interviews as well as assisting with interviews
- Complete and send out offers of employment, policies & any associated correspondence (as required) in a timely manner
- Process payroll and assisting with the documentation of employee compensation and benefits, e.g., chasing for personal details, sending leaver forms, salary review forms
- Entering employee data into the management computer database/system
- Carry out Induction of new employees, ensure that right to work checks are carried out and that all the required employment documents are completed correctly
- Ensure all new employees complete a medical questionnaire, logging and following up on any issues that occur
- Keep an up to date analysis of recruitment, e.g., number of candidates sourced for each role and which social media they were sourced
- Manage the HR and the Recruitment inboxes, ensuring emails are prioritised and actioned appropriately
- Be the first point of contact for general internal and external HR queries which will include recruitment
- Organising meetings, taking minutes/notes and typing up meeting minutes/notes, as and when required
- Develop & Maintain relationships with employment agencies to ensure the selection of the best candidates
- Setting up recruitment and training events
- Updating employee holiday and sickness records
- Send out reference requests and manage responses
- Compiling spreadsheets for the HR Manager to utilize & report for monthly meetings
- Coordinate random drug and alcohol tests as and when required
- Coordinate ‘Fit to work’ assessments as and when required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working within an HR department and best practices
- Excellent people skills and customer service
- Excellent organisational skills as well as the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft i.e., Word, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- A customer-focused outlook with a high level of discretion and professionalism
- Strong knowledge, experience and skills of the hiring process
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of computer applications and HR-specific software programs
- Must know how to represent both the company policies and the needs of the employees
- Knowledge and experience working within either Construction, Utilities, Engineering would be advantageous
- An understanding of employment law and best practice would be advantageous
- HR qualification this may include a degree and/or CIPD chartership or the equivalent
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via email@example.com. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).