Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
SHEQ Advisor – Ireland
Ireland – Site based, South West
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
Through dedication, collaboration, innovation and honest evaluation ReachActive will continue on its path of sustainable progression for the benefit of its staff, clients and the communities in which it operates.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
We are currently recruiting for a HSEQ Advisor to be based in Ireland to offer project support as well as across the group, when required. The successful candidate will have strong safety, quality and environmental knowledge (HSEQ) as well as knowledge on various standards, procedures and legislation in order to support the team(s) effectively.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- HSEQ Advisor will be based on site full time working with the project team and or as required working with various project teams in a visiting capacity.
- Coordinate all HSEQ Matters with the Project Manager & HSEQ Manager and to report constructively all HSEQ matters.
- Coordinate HSEQ on site and projects.
- Implement Reach Actives HSEQ management system and maintain on all projects.
- Provide support to the project managers, supervisors, team leaders and workers.
- Prepare all HSEQ on site folders and ensure they are maintained on site.
- Prepare Site Specific Environmental Plan, PSCS/H&S Plans, Traffic Management Plans, method statements & risk assessments, site specific Inductions/Presentation etc..
- Carry out site audits and incident investigations.
- Prepare monthly KPI’s and present to HSEQ Manager.
- Prepare and carry out site specific safety inductions.
- Review subcontractor safety documentation and compliance.
NB: It should also be noted that the above list of prime responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
Management and Research
- Submit regular progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (prequalification etc.) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Attendance and representation of the company at networking events and meetings.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goals and purpose to enhance and ensure continuous performance improvements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 Years Experience.
- Minimum NEBOSH Construction/Diploma/NQF level 6/bachelor’s Degree in Occupational/Environmental H&S (level 7).
- Experience in carrying out and complying with the PSCS duties.
- Understanding of Legislation, Guidance, Best Practice other requirements and Compliance, in particular a good understanding of the 2013 construction regulations.
- Safe Pass/CSR.
- Knowledge in civil works/utility work.
- Familiar with ESB rules.
- Full clean UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to take a collaborate approach to all situations capability to influence, drive safety culture and change.
- Good understanding of Risk Management.
- IT Proficient – Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and E-Mail.
- Behavioural Safety Training.
- IOSH Membership.
- Construction Experience.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).