Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
We are currently recruiting for a HSEQ Advisor to be based in London, but who will offer project support across the group, when required. The successful candidate will have strong safety, quality and environmental knowledge (HSEQ) as well as knowledge on various standards, procedures and legislation in order to support the team(s) effectively.
The successful candidate will:
- Undertake site audits in accordance with the integrated audit plan.
- Provide the HSEQ manager with first-hand information regarding the performance of site based work teams and subcontractors.
- Take decisive action in conjunction with the project managers and supervisors in the event of any unsafe actions, or conditions.
- Play a leading role in the promotion and development of a positive project HSEQ culture and ensure that, best practice “so far as is reasonably practicable”, is always identified and promoted.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide day to day advice and support to project site management, supervisors and contractors on HSEQ issues associated with the Reach Active Group projects.
- Provide the HSEQ Manager with first-hand information regarding the HSEQ performance of project teams and subcontractors and take decisive action in conjunction with project site management in the event of any unsafe actions or conditions.
- Review, revise and update existing safety, quality and environmental management systems.
- Assist the HSEQ Manager in maintaining ISO 18001, 14001 and 9001 along with other scheme specific accreditations.
- Monitor and update as required Legal Registers for the UK and Ireland to ensure on-going compliance.
- Prepare and submit work permit applications for Group projects in the UK and Ireland where electrical engineers and staff are required from outside the UK and Ireland.
- Maintain own awareness and proficiencies to the highest, and most current standards.
- Assist as necessary on all PQQ and tender submissions.
- Gather accurate HSEQ performance data from project staff and subcontractors and produce monthly (including and assessment against KPI) reports.
- Provide first line support in the investigation of safety – environmental accidents/incidents and any utility strikes.
- Undertake HSEQ site inspections and audits in accordance with project audit plans.
- Issue NCRs/CARs where appropriate and track remedial actions.
- Liaise regularly with subcontractor HSEQ personnel on Reach Active Group work sites.
- Conduct any site safety briefings as required and promote the development of a positive HSEQ culture.
- Develop and maintain a regime of workplace assessments including office DSE assessments.
- Undertake and implement HSEQ initiatives on sites as required.
- Represent the Group as required at any client led HSEQ Forums.
NB: It should also be noted that the above list of prime responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement /of duties and should be considered as for guidance only. These general roles and responsibilities are current at the date shown below.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Previous HSEQ experience.
- Auditing experience.
- A utility background – Gas/Water/Electric.
- Knowledge of ISO management systems, including 9001, 14001 and 18001.
- A NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- NRSWA Certification.
- A full driving licence.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.