Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
The HSQE Advisor will spend 80 per cent on site and 20 per cent in office covering Multi-Utility Diversions, Telecommunications sites around London, but who will offer project support, when required. The successful candidate will have strong health, safety, quality and environmental experience and knowledge as well as experience and knowledge on various standards, procedures and legislation in order to support the team(s) effectively.
The successful candidate will:
- Undertake site audits in accordance with the integrated audit plan.
- Provide the HSQE manager with first-hand information regarding the performance of site-based work teams and subcontractors.
- Take decisive action in conjunction with the project managers and supervisors in the event of any unsafe actions, or conditions.
- Play a leading role in the promotion and development of a positive project HSQE culture and ensure that, best practice ‘so far as is reasonably practicable, is always identified and promoted.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide day to day advice and support to project site management, supervisors and contractors on HSQE issues associated with the Reach Active Group (Group) projects.
- Provide the HSQE Manager with first-hand information regarding the HSQE performance of project teams and subcontractors and take decisive action in conjunction with project site management in the event of any unsafe actions or conditions.
- Review, revise and update existing safety, quality and environmental management systems.
- Assist the HSQE Manager in maintaining ISO 18001 14001 and 9001 along with other scheme specific accreditations.
- Monitor and update as required Legal Registers for the UK to ensure on-going compliance.
- Prepare and submit work permit applications for Group projects in the UK and Ireland where electrical engineers and staff are required from outside the UK and Ireland.
- Maintain own awareness and proficiencies to the highest and most current standards.
- Assist as necessary on all PQQ and tender submissions.
- Gather accurate HSQE performance data from project staff and subcontractors and produce monthly (including and assessment against KPI) reports.
- Provide first line support in the investigation of safety – environmental accidents /incidents and any utility strikes.
- Undertake HSQE site inspections and audits in accordance with project audit plans.
- Issue NCR’s/ CAR’s where appropriate and track remedial actions.
- Liaise regularly with subcontractor HSQE personnel on Reach Active Group work sites.
- Conduct any site safety briefings as required and promote the development of a positive HSQE culture.
- Develop and maintain a regime of workplace assessments including office DSE assessments.
- Undertake and implement HSQE initiatives on sites as required.
- Represent the Group as required at any client led HSQE Forums.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Previous HSQE experience in utilities
- Auditing experience
- A utility background – Gas/Water/Electric
- Knowledge of ISO management systems, including 9001, 14001 and 18001
- A NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent
- NRSWA Certification
- A full UK/EU Driving Licence
NB: It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).