Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Various sites in London & South East and throughout the UK, as and when required.
The successful applicant will oversee the individual site team or teams, as and when required on Reach Active Group Limited (RAG) projects. They will have experience in the utility sector e.g. Power, Water, Gas and Telecoms with a good knowledge and experience as a team leader on excavator operations / excavating within the London street scape.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- 360 Excavator Operative.
- To oversee the site team or teams, on multi utility diversions and cable & ducting projects, as allocated by the project management team.
- Oversee direct teams and subcontractors working on behalf of RAG on sites, in their day to day activities, to ensure completion of all works to a high standard and specific specifications being applied, ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Liaise with other site-specific Client management and subcontractors on site, to ensure good interface communication and coordination of works.
- Be aware of and promote Reach Active Group Limited Health and Safety policies and risk management.
- Completing point of work risk assessments (POWRA), CAT scan log records, and permit to dig.
- Fully assessing utility drawings / plans, CAT scanning works locations and marking up all located existing services.
- Installation of traffic management setup, as per agreed TM plans for the project.
NB: It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Team Work.
- Organisation and Planning.
- Health and Safety.
- Risk Management.
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS).
- CPCS Card (Blue) Competent Operator.
- NRSWA (Supervisor or Operative).
- Written English – Reading and writing must be at a good standard required to completing POWRA, CAT scan log records, and permit to dig.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Worked in utility sector e.g. Power, Water, Gas and Telecoms
- Worked on Highways
- EUSR / Utility Card.
- Emergency First Aid (1 Day Qualification).
- Full UK Driving Licence. (Class C for Towing).
- Deep Excavation and Trench Support.
- City & Guilds Basic Electrical Theory or Similar.
- Confined Space Entry Certification.
- UKPN / SSE 132kV Substation Access.
- Cable Winch Operations Certification.
- Current Fit to Work Assessment.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- Banks Man.
- Manual Handling
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to sites across London & South East and throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there is a requirement for the team leader to be agreeable to work out of hours works i.e. weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, the successful candidate must be willing to cover out of hours works on occasions, to support the project teams.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).