Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Multi-Utility Mapping and Setting Out Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing utility mark-ups, setting-out and site recording to facilitate As Constructed Drawings and Trial Hole reports.
The engineer will liaise with the Design Manager and maintain their own diary.
- Land Surveys – collection of as constructed data on utility networks and other construction works as appropriate and from various sites.
- Land Surveys – use of Leica survey equipment (TS16 & CS20) – demonstrable skills with setting up and use of this equipment.
- Land Surveys – setting up and / or use of site controls (resections – mostly).
- Setting Out Experience as follows:
– use of CAD and Leica to set out from drawings for construction on utility, electrical, civil and highways sites.
– adaption of design data to site conditions (adjustment of levels – S278 etc).
– need for high levels of accuracy.
- Utility surveys – use of MH keys, hydraulic lifters and small hand tools..
- Utility surveys – use of RD8000 for utility detection.
- Utility surveys – occasional use of GPR – normally IDS style systems.
- AutoCAD – Production of data to finished standards.
- AutoCAD – Use of CAD to overlay drawings / create coordinates for surveys and setting out.
- AutoCAD – Use of CAD to verify data.
- AutoCAD – Use of CAD to pass field data to office teams for processing.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- NVQ or relevant experience in Land Surveys.
- NVQ or relevant experience in Utility Surveys.
- Experience in the use of Lecia Robotic Total Stations.
- Experience in using AutoCAD.
- Experience in the use of Radio Detection equipment.
- IT skills and the ability to learn new IT packages.
- Ability to work independently with strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experience working within the utility, multi-utility infrastructure industry.
- Setting out experience.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear reports and to communicate technical information effectively.
- Confined spaces card.
- Radio detection / CAT certification.
- CSCS card.
- NRSWA certification.
NB: It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to sites across London & South East and throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there is a requirement for the team leader to be agreeable to work out of hours works i.e. weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, the successful candidate must be willing to cover out of hours works on occasions, to support the project teams.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via email@example.com. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).