Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Plant, Transport and Procurement Assistant
To assist and ensure the efficient delivery of services to the wider business in respect of a safe, efficient and legally compliant Company Fleet of vehicles, Plant and Machinery in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
To assist and ensure the efficient delivery of services to the business in respect of material and equipment requirements in line with company policies and procedures.
To assist in the provision of regular management information to the company to enable cost control, performance monitoring and process compliance in pursuit of continuous improvement across all departments and divisions of the business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
PLANT AND TRANSPORT
- Proactively support the day-to-day relationship with all suppliers including order placement, off-hires, order amendments, invoice queries and expediting orders where necessary.
- Coordinate and maintain the company’s Fleet Management and Approved Driver processes; maintain accurate driver records including driving licences, vehicle insurance etc.
- Maintain the company Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) and register processing PCN as they are received in a timely manner.
- Maintain the company Vehicle telematics system and arrange installation of tracker units for new vehicles.
- Monitor activity and compile regular audit information with regards Speeding and Road Safety behaviour, ensuring 100% compliance to company policies and report any complaints/potential legal situations to the Plant & Transport Manager.
- Maintain the company Fleet Register detailing all vehicle (owned and hired) status information.
- Assist in the resolution of Accident Claims against the company. Ordering, issuing and maintaining activity records and reports for company Fuel Cards.
- Administrate & maintain the TFL Congestion, ULEZ Charging and Toll account additions and reporting of monthly activity.
- Maintain accurate Plant and Transport records ensuring items are maintained, inspected and certified according to guidelines and in line with HSQE requirements.
- Process, review and co-ordinate daily/weekly Plant and Vehicle Inspection Records ensuring reported defects are rectified in a timely manner.
- Administrate & maintain the TFL Congestion and ULEZ Charging and Toll account additions and reporting of monthly activity.
- Proactively support the day-to-day relationship with all suppliers including order placement, order amendments, invoice queries and expediting orders where necessary.
- Monitor, maintain and produce regular reports of Procurement activity and audit information in respect of compliance across all divisions and departments of the business.
- Assist the Procurement Manager in ensuring positive supplier relationships and best value agreements across the supply chain.
- General office duties, including full support of all members of the Plant and Transport and Procurement teams as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Computer literate with COINS and Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Task completer, a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Methodical, a good organiser, excellent attention to detail.
- Construction and Utilities sector experience.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Experience of complex, multi-site, project based environment.
- Procurement, Plant Hire and Fleet Management experience.
- Six Sigma experience.
The role may require you to travel to sites across the UK as and when required.
Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
N.B. It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Either apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our on-line form here
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via email@example.com. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).