Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Substation Project Manager
To oversee multi utility diversions and/or HV/LV infrastructure and cabling projects, as allocated by the senior management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Experience in the Power Sector is Essential with respect to site management and product and sector experience and site conditions, together with the law within the construction industry would be essential in this role.
- To oversee Power installation and Substation projects, as allocated by the senior management.
- Oversee site managers, direct crews and subcontractors on site, in their day to day activities, to ensure completion of all works to a high standard and specific specifications, ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Liaise with client’s and Stakeholders on site, providing excellent customer service to meet and exceed the client’s expectations.
- Be aware of and promote Reach Active Group Limited Health and Safety policies and risk management.
- Completing and issuing daily, weekly and monthly KPI documentation and Client / project reports.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team working ability
- Health and Safety awareness / knowledge
- Risk Management
Experience in the Utility Sector is Essential e.g. Power, Water, Gas and Telecoms with respect to site management and product and sector experience and site conditions, together with the law within the construction industry would be essential in this role.
- Installation of 11kV Switchgear (panel boards and Packaged substations).
- Commissioning of switchgear.
- Earth testing.
- Jointing appreciation.
- Substation access up to and including 132kV.
- Understanding of G81 or DNO equivalent.
- Substation base installation experience.
- Knowledge of DNO equipment.
- Experience in managing contract conditions. e.g. NEC/JCT
- ICP Management (Civils and Electrical).
- CSCS Professional Card (White) or Engineering Services Skill Card (Black).
- IT Literate.
- First Aid at Work (3 Day Qualification).
- Full UK Driving License.
- NRSWA (Supervisor).
- HNC/HND Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering degree or equivalent relevant industry qualification.
- City & Guilds Basic Electrical Theory.
- Lifting Operations Appointed Person (AP).
- Confined Spaces Appointed Person (AP).
- Confined Space Entry Certification.
- Cable Winch Operations Certification.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- Manual Handling.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to sites across London & South East and throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for Site Management to cover out of hours works i.e. weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, the successful candidate must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
N.B., It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via email@example.com. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).