Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
An exciting opportunity to join ReachActive has arisen. We are looking to recruit a highly personable and ambitions individual that possesses high organizational skill and who displays excellence in customer service.
Prime responsibilities of the successful applicant shall include;
- Carrying out feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs
- Negotiating and drawing up bids for tenders and contracts
- Monitoring each stage of construction to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts
- Providing financial progress reports to clients
- Advising clients on legal and contractual matters
- Acting on clients’ behalf to resolve disputes
- Assessing the financial costs of new environmental guidelines, such as using sustainable timber
- Extensive use of computer software to keep records, prepare work schedules and write reports
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial risks and implement Reach Active policies on risk management.
- Complete monthly KPI reports
- Produce supplier purchasing reports
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations
- Authorise the placement of contracts, sub contracts, material and plant orders.
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Be aware of and promote ReachActive Limited Health and Safety policies and risk management
- Promote Reach Active Limited values towards its customers to meet and exceed their expectations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree or similar qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Chartership status (RICS) or similar is desired.
- Extensive experience in Quantity Surveying.
- Experience working within the utility, multi-utility and / or power industry is desired.
- A good mix of experience with pre and post contract work.
- NEC contract experience.
- Organised and able to prioritise workload.
- A good communicator.
- A good negotiator.
- IT / Computer literate.
- Ability to analyse complex data.
- Excellent people skills / customer service skills.
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).