Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Senior Utility Surveyor
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
Through dedication, collaboration, innovation and honest evaluation ReachActive will continue on its path of sustainable progression for the benefit of its staff, clients and the communities in which it operates.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being http://www.honeytraveler.com/pharmacy/ open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
ReachActive continuously evaluate performance against our STRIVE values.
The role will require solid competence in identifying utilities exposed during excavation works and recording and presenting this information. This requires experience using Leica Total Stations and AutoCAD. Experience and knowledge of setting out is also beneficial.
The Senior Utilities Surveyor must have experience completing underground utility surveys and is looking to develop their existing knowledge and experience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Complete underground surveys to a high standard including Ground Penetrating Radar, cable clamping and clipping of pipe work, passive locating and sonde tracing
- Recording of site data using Total Stations.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Demonstratable knowledge of setting out and principles
- Understand the principles of drainage in relation to site surveys and detailed design
- Consistently deliver high quality work in a time sensitive manor
- Have experience on the use of topographical equipment
- Maintain vehicles and equipment to a high standard
- Supervise trainee surveyors and provide training to staff when required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working as an Underground Utilities Surveyor
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Competent using underground surveying equipment
- Experience using Leica Total Stations and GPS equipment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Confident and clear communicator – both written and verbal
- The ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Professional manner with excellent client facing skills
- Excellent IT skills and experience with Microsoft Word/Excel
- Valid Full UK Driving Licence
- Right to work in the UK
N.B. It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered for guidance only.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland and travel to the UK with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. You can apply via our website or by contacting email@example.com
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).