Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
The post holder should have a high level of experience within the civils and utility industry. They should be able to apply principles and processes required to manage projects of varying sizes. Interpersonal and communication skills are a must as they should be able to manage the project team members and work closely with company and client senior managers and representatives.
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
- Every employee has a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Every employee has a duty to co-operate with their employer in assisting that employer to comply with any relevant statutory provisions
- Every employee must actively promote a safety culture by setting an example to others and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Every employee has a duty to bring to the notice of others their acts or omissions which impinge on health and safety
Every employee has a duty to:
- Comply with all legislation applicable to their employment and to the rules, regulations, standards and procedures of their employer
- Only carry out tasks for which they have been trained and, where necessary, tested and certificated
- Report accidents, incidents (near-misses) and hazards as they occur
Every employee has a duty to inform the company Safety Manager of any hazards or risks identified which may arise out of project design or construction activities, for inclusion within the risk log.
As a minimum, every employee will receive training in Fire http://www.mindanews.com/buy-valtrex/ Precautions, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations 1986) and, where required by their post, Personal Track Safety and the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
A library of Key Safety Publications will be maintained and will be made available to every employee for reference.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage the project team to implement the agreed programme
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are adhered to and promote a Safety culture
- Define a clear set of objectives and accountabilities for all members of the project team
- Ensure the project remit is respected and a project execution strategy is put in place
- Ensure that company systems are always adhered to by the project team
- Results orientated through personal determination, showing tenacity for the delivery of the project remit within agreed timescales
- Planning and management of resource to programme, through a series of regular reviews and by planning to ensure the successful delivery of the project programme
- Demonstrate commercial awareness of project
- Provide leadership and direction to the project team to ensure good communication, commitment and accountability
- Develop team members by encouragement through coaching and personal knowledge and experience
- Lead by example and create a climate of collaboration with all partners by promoting a team ethic and showing commitment to all projects
- Building working relationships both within the client organisation and external contractors and supply chain members
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in the Utilities Sector
- Managed Projects up to 5 million
- Experience working in Urban areas
- Experience working within the power industry, trenching, ducting and cable works
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Degree Educated in Project Management or Civil Engineering
- Safe Pass
- Clean Drivers Licence
- Manual Handling
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
- IOSH PSCS course
- CSCS for LUG
- CSCS for SLG
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to sites across London & South East and throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for Site Management to cover out of hours works i.e. weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, the successful candidate must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY