Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Substations Person in Charge of Works
The PICW will work under the supervision of the Project Manager and will supervise electrical and civil construction work in a live substation environment. They should have excellent written and spoken English, and have minimum of 4 years experience of working in a 33kV or above in a live substation environment.
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
- Every employee has a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Every employee has a duty to co-operate with their employer in assisting that employer to comply with any relevant statutory provisions
- Every employee must actively promote a safety culture by setting an example to others and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Every employee has a duty to bring to the notice of others their acts or omissions which impinge on health and safety
Every employee has a duty to:
- Comply with all legislation applicable to their employment and to the rules, regulations, standards and procedures of their employer
- Only carry out tasks for which they have been trained and, where necessary, tested and certificated
- Report accidents, incidents (near-misses) and hazards as they occur
Every employee has a duty to inform the company Safety Manager of any hazards or risks identified which may arise out of project design or construction activities, for inclusion within the risk log.
As a minimum, every employee will receive training in Fire http://www.mindanews.com/buy-valtrex/ Precautions, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations 1986) and, where required by their post, Personal Track Safety and the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
A library of Key Safety Publications will be maintained and will be made available to every employee for reference.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide support in the assembly and installation of electrical and mechanical equipment including electrical panels, switchgear, transformers, circuit boards.
- Provide support on the repair, maintenance, and modification of electrical/mechanical equipment as required.
- Be able to troubleshoot and understand electrical systems, for example such as circuit boards.
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, ensure compliance with.
- Reach Active Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements.
- Health and Safety Regulation requirements.
- All other relevant company policies and procedures.
- Client’s requirements.
- To work effectively with all key stakeholders to ensure project success.
- To surprise electrical/civil crew members on site.
- To have an understanding of, and ability to, implement Industry best practices.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 years experience of working in a 33kV or above in a live substation, and have undertaken an electrical apprenticeship or higher electrical qualification/equivalent.
- Or have 4 years’ experience of working in a 33kV or above live substation and have recent experience acting in the role or PICW or equivalent managing electrical works in a live substation environment at 33kV or above.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Either apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com or fill out our on-line form here