Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Reachactive are seeking a cable puller within our growing Electrical contracts with ESB throughout Ireland, with the first phase of works taking place in the Northeast area. We are looking for an individual who is willing to travel to multiple locations, company transportation will be provided from base location.
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
- Every employee has a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Every employee has a duty to co-operate with their employer in assisting that employer to comply with any relevant statutory provisions
- Every employee must actively promote a safety culture by setting an example to others and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Every employee has a duty to bring to the notice of others their acts or omissions which impinge on health and safety
Every employee has a duty to:
- Comply with all legislation applicable to their employment and to the rules, regulations, standards and procedures of their employer
- Only carry out tasks for which they have been trained and, where necessary, tested and certificated
- Report accidents, incidents (near-misses) and hazards as they occur
Every employee has a duty to inform the company Safety Manager of any hazards or risks identified which may arise out of project design or construction activities, for inclusion within the risk log.
As a minimum, every employee will receive training in Fire http://www.mindanews.com/buy-valtrex/ Precautions, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations 1986) and, where required by their post, Personal Track Safety and the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
A library of Key Safety Publications will be maintained and will be made available to every employee for reference.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for setting up and pulling of underground cables MV/LV from substations to mini pillars and customer cut outs.
- Meet defined production targets.
- Follow instruction from the PICW /Team Leader.
- To ensure the safety of yourself, the workforce, public and any other person affected by your duties and responsibilities.
- To follow task briefings and appropriate safe systems of work and ensure that Company policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- Complete all training as identified by the company.
- Ad hoc duties that may arise.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the setting up of drum cable carriers and cable pulling.
- Experience with all different types of trenching and ducting.
- Experience in understanding and following Network drawings.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (outdoors site environment).
- Commitment to health and safety.
- Good knowledge of OH & UG electrical network (HV, MV & LV).
- Ability to mentor and train trainees and inexperienced personnel.
- Experienced with all types of ducting.
- Experience within the utilities sector.
- Very good English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and within a Team.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with installation of UG cables.
- Safe Pass.
- Manual Handling.
- Full Driving license.
- BE Trailer license.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY