Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Civil Engineering Project Manager
Experience within the civils and utility industry. He/she must be able to apply principles and processes required to manage projects of varying sizes. With excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can manage the project team members and work closely with company and client senior managers and representatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage the project team to implement the agreed programme.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are adhered to and promote a Safety culture.
- Define a clear set of objectives and accountabilities for all members of the project team.
- Produce timely progress reports as required by Client.
- Ensure the project remit is respected and a project execution strategy is put in place.
- Ensure that company systems are adhered to always by the project team.
- Results orientated through personal determination, showing tenacity for the delivery of the project remit within agreed timescales.
- Planning and management of resource to programme, through a series of regular reviews and by planning to ensure the successful delivery of the project programme.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness of project remit, calculating cost implications and financial awareness of sub contracts.
- Provide leadership and direction to the project team to ensure through good communication commitment and accountability.
- Develop team members by encouragement through coaching and personal knowledge and experience.
- Lead by example and create a climate of collaboration with all partners by promoting a team etic and showing commitment to all projects.
- Building working relationships both within the client organisation and external contractors and supply chain members.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in Civil Engineering, Trenching, Ducting and Cable works.
- Managed Projects up to 10 million.
- Experience working in Urban areas.
- Experience working within the Power Industry.
- Educated in Project Management or Civil Engineering.
- Safe Pass.
- Full and valid clean Drivers Licence.
- Manual Handling.
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
- IOSH PSCS course
- CSCS for LUG
- CSCS for SLG
N.B. It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via email@example.com. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).