Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Responsible for all Reach Active London Group commercial matters to ensure protection of the financial and contractual interests from the conception of a project within the relevant business sector through to final completion in line with commercial policy and defined procedures.
Advise and work effectively with, the management teams responsible for the project(s), to achieve a product which will surpass the Client’s expectations but will minimise the risk to the Group and will maximise the profit-making opportunities. Must promote and enhance the Group’s reputation in the marketplace, particularly in respect of liaison with third parties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To assist the Projects Director in co-ordinating and supporting the relevant sectors of the Group’s Commercial Department.
- Ensure that all commercial /financial reporting, data entry, control measures and surveying duties throughout the life of all projects, undertaken by the relevant
sector of the Group’s business, are carried out in accordance with the Group’s procedures and good industry practice and within timescales given by the Project and Senior Management.
- Ensure that all contractual issues throughout the life-cycle of projects are managed in line with individual project Terms and Conditions of Contract, the Group procedures and are then administered promptly and in a manner which minimises the Group’s contractual risks, including liaison with the Projects Director where appropriate to achieve this.
- Provide timely advice to Senior Management, the Client and other applicable parties in respect of contractual and financial strategy and procurement options.
- Ensure that all invoices and payments in the relevant sector of the Group’s business are administered to maximise the project(s) cashflow.
- Prepare estimates / proposals/ tenders in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor’s and Projects Director for submission to Clients, encompassing the Group’s estimating, current pricing, risk analysis and presentation principles in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that all correspondence and commercial documentation filing is maintained in an easily retrievable manner and in accordance with the project and corporate filing system.
- Transparency must be maintained at all times in relation to applications for payments and in all dealings with subcontractors.
- A robust and thorough analysis of past costs must be implemented and used to identify any trends the results of which are to be included in the commercial monthly report.
- Ensure through the tendering process that the Group receives the best possible value.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with the Group’s Quality Management System.
- Ensure compliance with all the agreed Client’s requirements in respect of financial reporting and advice for all projects undertaken in the relevant sector of the Group’s business.
- Assist with any financial or quality audits carried out.
- Assist the Projects Director in proactively preventing any fraud or theft of project plant and materials. Also, in circumstances where the above is discovered, ensure this is reported to the Projects Director so that swift action can be taken.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of commercial software systems used for estimating and project costing purposes.
- Attend and contribute information for the ‘commercial meeting held as requested by the Projects Director.
- To ensure the training and general development of any Quantity Surveyor’s employed, in conjunction with the Projects Director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a similar relevant qualification.
- Comprehensive knowledge within the utility installation industries.
- A proven history of successful leadership.
- Able to work as part of a senior team.
- Efficient presentation, communication and Interpersonal skills.
- The ability to provide commercial inputs into periodic reports to clients.
- A working knowledge of client commercial regime and associated approvals processes.
- Experience in the application of principles and processes of commercial management required within a high profile, high spend project.
- Knowledge of the supply chain management.
- Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities.
- Up to date knowledge on industry trends, as well as commercial legislation laws and regulations.
- Experience with financial management of projects.
- Good negotiation and risk assessments skills.
- Ability to train and/or mentor the quantity surveying team.
- Management of a team of quantity surveyors.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask.
- The capacity to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and industry contacts.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Aware of data confidentiality.
- Chartership status or equivalent
- Civil engineering works experience, including multi-utilities
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a similar, relevant qualification
- Chartership status or equivalent
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to sites across London & South East and throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for Site Management to cover out of hours works i.e. weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, the successful candidate must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
N.B., It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).