Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Electrical Project Manager
The Electrical Projects Manager will have overall responsibility for electrical construction works on the island of Ireland and will be expected to contribute to the growth of the business by developing good relationships with clients and ensuring the highest QEHS standards are implemented.
Occasional taking control of electrical (HV) installations and direct supervision of specialist electrical and civil construction work in a live substation environment may also be required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Direction and management of HV substation construction works
- Project planning to ensure that the project is delivered on time
- Implementing and maintaining Client and Reach Active Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
- Project construction budget management and performance
- Works and resources scheduling
- Material procurement
- Management of civil and electrical sub-contractors
- Project reporting including project meeting minutes
- Client and stakeholder management
- Supervise/Assist in the assembly and installation of HV equipment
- Act as “person in control of an electrical installation during work activities” as defined in I.S. EN 50110 clause 3.2.2
- Mentoring electrical staff to support their development
- Support in the submission of HV tenders
- Support in the development and improvement of HV electrical designs
- Support in strategic planning and growth of the business
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in HV installations
- Electrical apprenticeship or higher electrical qualification
- Additional HV training / qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience acting in the role of PICW or equivalent
- Experience of supervising electrical works in a live HV substation environment
- Working knowledge of I.S. EN 50110 – Operation of Electrical Installations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Project
- Experience in compiling project programmes
- Familiar with civil works requirements for substations
- Ability to manage multidisciplinary teams
- Safe pass
- Project Management training / qualification /li>
- Experience of ESB Networks projects and requirements
- ESB Networks HV Stations PICW Training
- Current ESB Networks PICW Approvals Level 2 or 3
- Experience in construction or operation of independent power generation projects
- Experience in construction or operation of large demand HV installations
- Experience in contract management (incl FIDIC Yellow or NEC)
- Experience of installation and commissioning of HV equipment
- Managing Safely in Construction or equivalent qualification
- Manual Handling training
- CSCS Location of Underground Services training
N.B. It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).