Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Group Head of Engineering
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
Through dedication, collaboration, innovation and honest evaluation ReachActive will continue on its path of sustainable progression for the benefit of its staff, clients and the communities in which it operates.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being http://www.honeytraveler.com/pharmacy/ open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
ReachActive continuously evaluate performance against our STRIVE values.
Based in Ireland or the UK and reporting to the Group Managing Director of Reach Active, the successful candidate will be responsible for heading up the Electrical Engineering function across the group which will include;
- Electrical Installations designs in accordance with IEC 61936, client’s requirements, I.S.10101, IET Wiring Regulations and Utility specifications in Ireland and UK ENA specifications.
- Oversee and manage the Engineering management requirements for all key clients across the group.
- Manage and lead on commissioning requirements across the group to meet the requirements of all clients
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
In this Head of Engineering role, you will provide expertise in all areas of electrical transmission and distribution and will be the in-house electrical authority and have the responsibility to manage and coordinate the delivery of all contracted primary LV/MV/HV electrical equipment and installation and all secondary control and protection equipment. Installation and testing Including, the development of electrical-related procedures, documentation, and the required assurance auditing of both in-house and outsourced electrical personnel.
- Develop and maintain design process in accordance with ISO 9001
- Ensure electrical designs are in accordance IEC 61936 and Client specifications.
- Ensure design team and consultants are competent to carry out their assigned roles
- Ensure design and engineering is compliant with SHAWW General Application Regulations Part 3 Electricity and Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (HSR25) UK CDM 2015 regulations
- Oversee and monitor Construction design packages are fit for purpose and facilitate efficient site works
- Primary point of contact with Clients and Consultants for the group
- Manage the technical support for tenders across the group
- Head up and oversee technical support for tenders, site works and contract management
- Final approval on all electrical engineering issues within the group
- Develop and grow the organisation, structure and resources to meet the groups requirements
- To lead on the reviewing and auditing of team performances across the group
- Reporting of function performance to the group board.
- Lead in developing Engineering Design and Build capability and turnover within the group
- To liaise with key clients, and develop a deep relationship to increase the engagement between companies and grow the business
- Develop senior level relationships with stakeholders, developers, utilities and joint venture organisations.
- Participate and support complex and final negotiations with customers
- Experience in delivering both substations and overhead line projects
- To embrace innovation and implement innovative solutions and technologies in civil and structural engineering domain and substation design and build
- Vet any equipment prior to procurement
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Utility control & protection design experience
- Experience in transformers, switchgear and cables
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- To be familiar with civil works requirements, substations foundations, cablestrenches/containments/ducts/joints/terminations, earthing requirements, small power and lighting requirements, GRP enclosures and substations building requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multidisciplinary teams
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis, especially within the UK & Ireland.
- Chartered status.
- Knowledge of EPlan.
- Knowledge of ENA Model Safety Rules.
- Experience of renewables projects.
- Experience in project and contract management.
- Experience in commissioning.
- Experience in preparing Tender Documents.
- Knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract including FIDIC (Yellow and Silver Book), NEC4 & JCT.
- Knowledge of IEC 61936 -1: Power Installations exceeding 1kV.
- Knowledge of I.S.10101 and IET Wiring Regulations.
- Knowledge of SHAWW General Application Regulations Part 3 Electricity.
- Knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (HSR25).
- Knowledge of Transmission System Operator systems and specifications.
- Knowledge of Distribution System Operator systems and specifications.
- Knowledge of EN 50110 -1: Operation of Electrical Installations.
- Knowledge of civil works design concepts.
N.B. It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered for guidance only.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland and travel to the UK with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. You can apply via our website or by contacting email@example.com
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).