Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
ReachActive continuously evaluate performance against our STRIVE values.
Your role will be to walk and survey overhead lines, record information and to perform visual inspections of all associated apparatus, To ensure the quantity of overhead lines surveyed are kept to the planned target and also ensure compliance with Health and Safety Regulations and documented in accordance with required standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- You will carry out all Overhead Line Equipment inspection and report associated equipment at frequencies laid down by the Project Manager
- Perform patrol and inspections per standards and guidelines
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per standards including completion of required documentation
- Patrol and identify defects on ESB overhead lines network and record in detail as per standards
- Make initial contact with customers for access
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good customer services skills with colleagues and other people you may meet, i.e., landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials
- Good organisational skills
- Work outdoors in all conditions and have knowledge of map reading
- Ability to risk assess activities throughout your working day within Health and Safety guidelines
- Flexible to meet business requirements
- A current full and valid driving licence
- Basic computer skills which include various operation systems and other company software
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to work independently and with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details
and follow work rules
- Previous surveying experience on overhead line networks from LV/MV/HV
- Understanding of Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental (HSQE) Regulations
- Previous patrolling experience on ESB networks or similar
- Previous experience with overhead line works
- Previous experience with handheld data recording devices
NB: It should also be noted that the above list of prime responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only. These general roles and responsibilities are current at the date shown below.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Either apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our on-line form here