Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Person in Charge of Works
The PICW will perform duties covered within his voltage level approvals from LV to MV. He/She will be required to climb wooden poles using the necessary safety equipment supplied by Energoinvest ReachActive. They will be responsible for the job instruction as issued to him by the PIW (Person Issuing Work). He/She will also be responsible for requesting and receiving permits to work/Telemess.
Engineering Excellence through Proficiency
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Our vision is to be the foremost utility engineering and building systems provider in the UK and Ireland.
- Safety – continuous promotion of a safety culture targeting zero harm
- Teamwork – collaborating and benefiting from working together
- Respect – for staff, clients, communities and the environment
- Integrity – delivering on promises
- Vision – being open to all possibilities
- Excellence – dedicated to high quality in all ReachActive does
- Every employee has a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Every employee has a duty to co-operate with their employer in assisting that employer to comply with any relevant statutory provisions
- Every employee must actively promote a safety culture by setting an example to others and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Every employee has a duty to bring to the notice of others their acts or omissions which impinge on health and safety
Every employee has a duty to:
- Comply with all legislation applicable to their employment and to the rules, regulations, standards and procedures of their employer
- Only carry out tasks for which they have been trained and, where necessary, tested and certificated
- Report accidents, incidents (near-misses) and hazards as they occur
Every employee has a duty to inform the company Safety Manager of any hazards or risks identified which may arise out of project design or construction activities, for inclusion within the risk log.
As a minimum, every employee will receive training in Fire http://www.mindanews.com/buy-valtrex/ Precautions, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations 1986) and, where required by their post, Personal Track Safety and the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
A library of Key Safety Publications will be maintained and will be made available to every employee for reference.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements.
- Compliance with PSCS Regulation requirements.
- Compliance with relevant company policies and procedures.
- Compliance with client’s requirements.
- Value engineering.
- Industry best practices.
- Delivery in line with the programme requirements.
- Climb/Work at Height on both wooden poles and towers.
- Request/Receive Operational Documentation.
- Testing for loss of voltage.
- Earthing OHL’s / supervising the earthing of OHL.
- Replacing old and erecting new equipment/hardware at both pole top and tower top.
- Splicing and terminating conductors to client spec.
- Fitting and removing network earths.
- Witnessing/carrying out polarity checks.
- Overall control of his / her crew.
- Quality control of his / her work area.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced in the OHL power industry with 5 or more years’ experience on LV/MV Networks.
- Proven experience within a similar role on major projects.
- Proven ability to work on both wooden poles and towers.
- Have the ability to carry out work instructions issued to him by his line manager.
- Provide training records/authorisations to verify his qualifications.
- Experience on HV networks 38Kv,110kv AND 220kv.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Trained to PICW level and possess current ESB LV/MV approval with a proven record in this discipline.
- Current Safe pass.
- Current Manual Handling Training.
- Current First Aid Training.
- Current MEWP Training.
- Current Full Irish Driving Licence.
- Current ESB TCO approval.
- Current Signaller/Slinger Training.
- Current Trailer Towing Licence.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY