Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
The Quantity Surveyor is required to assist and provide commercial support to the project team, maintaining and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage the commercial resources of the assigned projects to maximise planned gross margin through placement and control of contracts and sub contracts.
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial risks and implement the company policies on risk management.
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations.
- Authorise the placement of contracts, sub contracts, material and plant orders.
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
- Be aware of and promote The Companies Health and Safety policies and risk management.
- Promote the company values towards its customers to meet and exceed their expectations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of Quantity Surveying in respect of Trenching & Ducting, Substation and Overhead Lines.
- Experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors.
- Good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
- Ability to challenge resources and costs.
- Experience in negotiating the cost of projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as being able to work independently.
- Knowledge of product and contract conditions, together with the law within the construction industry.
- Have excellent IT skills and in particular with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to prioritise workload with good time management skills and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of Quantity Surveying in respect of general construction/ Mechanical and Electrical or Telecommunications installations would be an advantage.
- Recognised Commercial or Quantity Surveying degree (or equivalent).
- Safe Pass.
- Full and valid clean Drivers Licence.
- Manual Handling.
- Chartered status or as a member of an applicable Professional Institute (i.e., RICS, ICE or CIOB for example).
N.B. It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).