Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
London or surrounding counties
Responsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of construction projects. Manage the costs on construction projects and help to ensure that the construction projects are completed within its projected budgets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Preparation of monthly payment applications to be agreed with clients
- Negotiation and preparation of contractual variations with clients
- Measure and value works done on site
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Dispute Resolution
- Track changes to the design and ensure all variations are captured
- Scrutinise site works completion with Project Managers
- Preparation of Subcontracts
- Assessment of subcontractor applications
- Review progress against works programme
- Responsibility for budget control of projects with Senior Project Managers
- Monthly CVRs
- Forecasting projects costs to completion
- Preparation of Early Warning Notices (EWNs)
- Preparation of Compensation Events (CEs)
- Providing contract support to site Project Managers
- Cash Flow & Income Forecasting
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial opportunities and risks
- Review of client contracts
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Considerable experience within the construction industry, preferably in the multi-utility & highways sector
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear reports to convey complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
- Experience with pre and post contract work
- Ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work independently with strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to challenge information presented
- Advanced Excel user & Data Analysis skills
- Experience with direct delivery of projects from a contracting organisation
- Experience & good knowledge of NEC3 & JCT contracts
- Experience of working for an ICP/Multi Utility contractor
- Previous HSQE experience in utilities.
- Auditing experience.
- A utility background – Gas/Water/Electric.
- Knowledge of ISO management systems, including 9001, 14001, 45001, NERS, WIRS, GIRS and Achilles.
- A NEBOSH construction certificate or equivalent.
- NRSWA Certification.
- A valid full UK/EU Driving Licence.
- A degree or similar qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Chartership status (RICS) or similar is desired
The role may require you to travel to sites across the UK with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via email@example.com. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).