Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for assisting in all Energoinvest Reach Active (ERA) commercial matters to ensure protection of the financial and contractual interests from the conception of a project through to final completion in line with commercial policy and defined procedures. The appointed person will provide professional advice and work effectively with the teams responsible for the project(s), to achieve a product of high quality but will minimise the risk to ERA and will maximise the profit-making opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To co-ordinate and support all projects within ERA.
- Ensure that all financial reporting, control measures and surveying duties throughout the life of all projects undertaken, are carried out in accordance with the Company’s procedures and within timescales dictated by the Project and Senior Management.
- Ensure that all contractual issues throughout the life cycle of projects are developed in line with the Company procedures, in a manner which minimises contractual risks, including liaison with Senior Management where appropriate to achieve this.
- Provide timely advice to Senior Management, the Client and other applicable parties in respect of contractual and financial strategy and procurement options.
- Ensure that all external invoices and payments are administered to maximise the project(s) cashflow.
- Prepare proposals for submission to Clients, encompassing the Company’s current pricing, risk analysis and presentation principles.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with the Company’s Quality Management System.
- Ensure compliance with all the agreed Client’s requirements in respect of financial reporting and advice for all projects undertaken.
- Prepare any financial or quality audits carried out.
- Ensure the training and general development of any Quantity Surveyor’s employed.
- Always promote and enhance the Company’s reputation in the marketplace, particularly in respect of liaison with third parties.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of Quantity Surveying in respect of Trenching & Ducting, Substation and Overhead Lines
- Experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, certificates and accruals calculations.
- Good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
- Ability to challenge resources and costs.
- Experience in negotiating the cost of projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as being able to work independently.
- Have excellent IT skills and in particular with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to prioritise workload with good time management skills and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of Quantity Surveying in respect of general construction/ Mechanical and Electrical or Telecommunications installations would be an advantage.
- Recognised Commercial or Quantity Surveying degree (or equivalent).
- Safe Pass.
- Full and valid clean Drivers Licence.
- Manual Handling.
- Chartered status or as a member of an applicable Professional Institute (i.e., RICS, ICE or CIOB for example).
N.B. It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via email@example.com. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).