Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Substation Electrical Engineer
The Substation Electrical Engineer will perform duties covered within their voltage level approvals from LV to HV. They will be responsible for the job instruction as issued to them by the PICW (Person In Charge of Work). Installation of electrical infrastructure some of which includes: transformers, switchgear and cables. Ensure installation works are in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements.
- Compliance with PSCS Regulation requirements.
- Compliance with relevant company policies and procedures.
- Compliance with client’s requirements.
- Adherence to HSQE Briefs, safety documentation and PPE relevant to substation installation tasks.
- Installation of electrical infrastructure including AIS & GIS HV/LV switchgear, transformers, cables, control and protection, metering, light and power cabling and connection of mobile generators.
- Erection of steelwork for all equipment.
- Value engineering.
- Industry best practices.
- Delivery in line with the programme requirements.
- Request/Receive Operational Documentation.
- Testing for loss of voltage.
- Replacing old and erecting new equipment/hardware.
- Splicing and terminating conductors to client spec.
- Fitting and removing network earths.
- Quality control of his / her work area.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in the power industry with 5 or more years’ experience on LV/MV/HV Networks.
- Proven experience within a similar role on major projects.
- Have the ability to carry out work instructions issued to them by their line manager.
- Provide training records/authorisations to verify their qualifications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
- Electrical Engineering NVQ/Diploma.
- Current Safe pass.
- Current Manual Handling Training.
- Current First Aid Training.
- Current MEWP Training.
- Current Full Driving Licence.
- Previous experience of working on ESB’s network within Ireland.
- Experience on HV networks 20kV and 38kV,110kV AND 220kV.
N.B. It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).