Join us at ReachActive
Our staff are the most important asset to
We recognise the importance of a diverse work group and are committed to take every action to avoid discrimination
We offer competitive salaries and a competetive range of benefits for our employees.
Skilled Groundworker/Dumper Driver
London & South East
The successful applicant will form part of a two-person team or other teams, as and when requires on multi utility diversions and cable & ducting projects. The applicant will have experience working in the utility sector e.g. Power, Water, Gas and Telecoms, with a good knowledge and experience on dumper operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Operate dumper on specific sites and the Public highway, in conjunction with planned works.
- Bank excavator operator during excavation works, and as and when required when moving around sites.
- Install specified apparatus as part of the infrastructure build works i.e. ducts, pipes, warning marker tape etc.
- Carry out hand dig excavation around services, as and when required.
- Ensure completion of all works to a high standard and specific specifications being applied, ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Liaise with other site teams and subcontractors on site, to ensure good interface communication and coordination of works.
- Be aware of and promote Reach Active Group Limited Health and Safety policies and risk management.
NB: It should also be noted that the above list of prime responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement /of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Team Work.
- Organisation and Planning.
- Health and Safety.
- Rick Management.
- CPCS Card (Blue) Competent Operator.
- NRSWA (Operative).
- UK Driving Licence.
- EUSR / Utility Card.
- Emergency First Aid (1 Day Qualification).
- UK Driving Licence. (Class C for Towing).
- Deep Excavation and Trench Support.
- City & Guilds Basic Electrical Theory or Similar.
- Confined Space Entry Certification.
- UKPN / SSE 132kV Substation Access.
- Cable Winch Operations Certification.
- Current Fit to Work Assessment.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- Banks Man.
- Manual Handling.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to all company sites in London & South East and throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there is a requirement for the skilled operative to be agreeable to work out of hours works i.e. weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, the successful candidate must be willing to cover out of hours works on occasions, to support the project teams.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of the role, we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV directly to email@example.com.
ReachActive is a fast growth company looking to attract talented, highly skilled and motivated people with a proven track record of technical expertise in the power, multi-utility and building services sectors. Our delivery and service ethos is client focused and flexible, so we are looking for persons who fit this profile and are able to collaborate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors.
ReachActive is investing in people, both new and experienced talent looking for a new challenge, a career change or simply work experience. We develop personnel, e.g. through an apprentice training route, and support employees who want to reach Chartership status or pursue further education.
To apply for a vacancy or to reach out to us, visit our View Vacancies page, visit our LinkedIn Careers Page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roles are based across sites in the UK (London, Hertford, Basingstoke) and Ireland (Dublin & Mullingar).